The RBI is bringing in new currency note of 50. It is entirely different from the previous one.
The 50 denominations note will have a new look with the motif of Hampi with Chariot on the reverse. The base colour of it too would be changed with it being in florescent blue. The chariot depicts the country’s cultural heritage.
The 50 rs note will hit the market soon but the good news is that the old ones would still continue till they last.
People would not be losing on their money as having the 50 rs currency with them. Bothe would work in the market.
It is said that the note looks beautiful and has geometric patterns which align with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm x 135 mm. RBI had said in December last year that it would issue new currency notes of Rs 50 and Rs 20.
RBI has made it very clear that Rs 50 banknotes in the earlier series will continue to be a legal tender.
Some of the main features of the new note are as such..
- See through register with denominational numeral 50.
- Denominational numeral in Devnagari.
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre.
- Micro letters ‘RBI’, BHARAT in Devnagri, ‘INDIA’ and ’50’.
- Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘BHARAT’ in Devnagri and RBI.
- Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait.
- Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right.
- Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks.
- Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
- 10.motif of hampi
- 11.language panel
- 12.year of printing
So get ready to have the new look of the 50rs note asap.